Top things to see and do at the Toronto Christmas Market
The Toronto Christmas Market has quickly become Toronto’s favourite holiday tradition, and the annual event, now in its sixth year, has no shortage of things to do. Here is the official list of the top things to see and do at the Market this year:
• Celebrate the magic and romance of Christmas under the enchanting 1940’s style lighting
canopy (bringing you back to days gone by).
• Stroll the brick paved Dickensian streets of the Distillery Historic District (enrich your experience
by holding someone’s hand – with or without mittens).
• Take in the picturesque view of the iconic 54-foot Christmas tree, decorated with over 18,000
lights and ornaments (and maybe catch someone making a marriage proposal – and hope they
• Visit the 40 European-style wooden cabins, where local artisans and entrepreneurs vend
hundreds of unique and locally handcrafted products.
• Warm wine? Try a glass of traditional Glühwein (mulled wine) or a Hot Toddie at one of the
many outdoor hospitality lounges, a European tradition that dates back to the 15th Century.
• Take the opportunity to tell a loved one how much they mean to you with a kiss, hug, or kind
words. This is what the market is all about: giving and appreciation.
• Indulge your senses and taste buds with an eclectic mix of traditional European street foods and
Canadian delicacies, sweets and treats (insider tip: do NOT eat before you come to the Market).
• Dance and sing along to over 320 stage performances, including carolers, choirs, dancers and
brass bands (check out the full schedule at TorontoChristmasMarket.com). Don’t forget to join
us December 20th for the Mill Street World Caroling Challenge, where we’ll attempt to beat a
• Share a tender moment with a loved one under the arch of the 14-foot tall ‘Under the Mistletoe’
heart shaped sculpture (lip gloss recommended for cold nights).
• Relive childhood memories by taking a photo with Santa Claus (the real Santa comes to the
Toronto Christmas Market).
• Take advantage of the most romantic place in the City and create a moment you will never
forget by proposing to the love of your life.
• Sit back and enjoy a ride on the Ferris Wheel while you take in the magnificent views of the city
(dress warm it gets chilly up there).
• Take part in the Toronto Christmas Market’s Photo Contest for your chance to win $1,000 by
using the hashtag #LoveTCM (who can’t use a little extra cash at Christmas time).
• Shop at over 80 great boutiques, galleries and restaurants of The Distillery Historic
District (world class, world renowned and stocked with products that you can’t find anywhere
About the Toronto Christmas Market
The Toronto Christmas Market takes place at the Distillery Historic District in Toronto from November 20 to December 20. The event, now in its sixth year, recreates the romance and magic of traditional European Christmas markets, which date back to the early 1400s. The Toronto Christmas Market features family-‐friendly entertainment, food and merchandise from around the world, outdoor heated beer and mulled wine gardens and a 50-‐foot white spruce Christmas tree decorated with more than 18,000 lights. For more information, visit www.TorontoChristmasMarket.com.